Ahhh life...

Questions regarding the DR750

Re: Ahhh life...

Postby nug » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:38 am

Nice battery mod Colum. That compressor is perfect for the job.
nug
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby H_Lime » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:20 pm

dave#22 wrote:.............Dave, i have to hand it to you man, I've only ran the engine on the bench but its obvious your meticulous work has paid off.
It is as quiet and smooth as i can possibly imagine it could be.
The knock in the crank is gone, theres no gear whine and overall vibration is minimal. I tip my hat to you once more and i owe ya a session in Wales............

Thank god for that :tup: , the suspense was killing me.
Is it the DR or Capo for Llandovery?
Dave.

Lol you had no doubts :tup: Top work dude and it's much appreciated.
Would love to take the DR! Could have it squared away by then to.... 8-) Only real issue is luggage Dave.
I could fit the rack and top box for sure but tent, bag, mat and clothes would require panniers or throw overs. The throw overs would be the more likely of the two in the shape of this
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOFAMA-BAG-42- ... SwSutaFW8Q

Even then the high level exhaust would require a frame to stop it burning them. Is there such a thing available to buy? Seem to remember ricky cross doing something?
H_Lime

Postby dave#22 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Not to worry, keep it on the backroads where it belongs. I'll probably use my Guzzi anyway...for it's luggage capacity.
See you next month.
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby H_Lime » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:05 pm

Lookin forward to it Dave :D

More light.
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-Spot- ... SwZ1lWgDvN
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-PCS-10W-Brig ... 2060344175
Idiots in cars using phones, sat navs ect need a helping hand in seeing us. More lumens down the road at night is welcome too.
The bike has Resi's twin headlight set up and eastern beavers switched loom to the battery. Despite this i remember it being poor enough at night. More on this later.

As its purest chinesium a helping hand doesnt go astray. Flange sealant does a better job than the dry o ring which was out of kilter.

Left switch is kills one headlight. Right one is for the spots.

Shaggin bright!
Tidied up all the wiring and placed the relay in front of the airbox. Could really do with a power block thingy. Have the eastern beaver, vapor dash, battery bug and now this hooked up.
Remounted the tanks and next is the engine bars and mount the lights on them then aim them.
H_Lime

Postby dave#22 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi Colum, I did a similar mod to my Guzzi...the std lights are rubbish...I even tried an HID, but that was not much better, brighter, but no beam, so I settled on a night breaker for low beam and a 100w for high.
On my bicycle in winter, I use a couple of Cree lights and they are superb...so I bought a couple with reflectors rated at 12v input, so I fitted them to the crashbars and not wanting any extra switches, wired then into the LH bar switch.
I rewired the switch so that the sidelight position is now sidelight + low beam, low position is still low + spotlights and main is still main, all on relays, so I can have side (5w), low (55w), main (100w)+ two spotlights (260w output) all on together if needed....I took for it's MOT last week and the tester said...wow that's bright :lolno:
Dave.
ps...I'm glad I binned the fuel injection and fitted carbs, to give the alternator more of a fighting chance :tup: .
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby spendango » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:01 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
spendango

Postby H_Lime » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:45 am

Lot to digest there in that post Dave.
As you can probably guess from me buying the ready made loom this sh1t don't exactly come natural to me. Show me what to do and chances are I'll do it well...but for me to figure out how to to do as you have done would require me to really swat up on it.

My best bet i feel to improve Resi's headlight is simply fit led bulbs. Finding the right ones is the issue though. The small size of the reflector already ruled out a set i bought for her. Light was poor and scattered and i do not see the point in endangering myself or others on backroads by blinding folk.
The other issue is we seem severely limited in space out the back of the bulb for the cooling fans that are attached to most. Theres designs that get round that but i dont eant to keep buying ones till i get lucky.
Anyway ill post up some pics tonight of what I'm on about.

Found this in my fast reducing pile of bits to reattach and for the life of me i can't remember if and where it goes. Any idears? :tup:

Hey Spen :wave:
H_Lime

Postby BigBob » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:48 am

Never seen one of those on a Big
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby H_Lime » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Thank god for that, was doing my head in trying to figure it out! :lolno:
Not sure where it came from so...
H_Lime

Postby nug » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:28 am

I had a similar setup to Resi's lights and they looked good but worked shite. I tried LED bulbs but even more shite. I have gone back to the original headlight (LHD spec) with a Philips extreme bulb which works great. I have also added 10w led spots which come on with high beam to give me some extra distance. Works great. On my old SR43 I fitted Hella lights with 10 w LED spots which was a fantastic combo if a bit expensive. Not enough room for me to do the same on the 750 though as the forks will hit the lights despite my further forward mounting of the screen etc.
nug

PreviousNext

Return to DR750