Camping weekend 3/4/5 August.

Events, rideouts, meet-ups & ride reports.

Camping weekend 3/4/5 August.

Postby dave#22 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:26 am

Hi all, The Thumper Club are having a meeting on the road between Newbridge on Wye and Beulah, mid Wales....everybody welcome, whatever you ride.
Dave.

It will be at The Red Lion, at Llanafan fawr, 01597 860204 on the beautiful Beulah road. Dates are weekend 3rd and 4th August. Good beer and food in the pub, and some great roads for ride outs in the area. Camping is £5 a night, there are no showers, but there is a hut in the field with a toilet and sink.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Re: Camping weekend 3/4/5 August.

Postby BigBob » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:37 pm

Hope it cools down before then. Showing 35c here at the moment :tdown:
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Re: Camping weekend 3/4/5 August.

Postby dave#22 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:39 pm

I've just posted this on the Thumper Club site.....

Well...what a cracking weekend that was. Good weather, good food, good company...a pity a few regulars were missing (Boyd & Squirrel were there), but we had a few XT660 members to make up the numbers...a nice rideout on Saturday led by Mr Dalby and topped off by an evening bonfire with copious amounts of alcohol and Roy the campsite owner came over to sing some songs in Welsh, accompanied by our Welsh speaking members.
Unfortunately he was half cut when he arrived and drinking beer, pochine, whiskey and rum finished him off and he couldn't stand, so I walked him back home at around 2am.
He came to see us this morning and looked as bright as a button, so no harm done.
Dave.

ps...and I got an award for the biggest thumper there, my DR 800S. :tup:
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Return to Travel