Cork - Spring Camp!

General ramblings - no politics or religion (too boring!)

Cork - Spring Camp!

Postby Dr Mabuse » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi folks

Just a tentative plan for a 'Spring Camp' over here in Cork. That geezer Harry Lime had some of you over last year however the weather severely impacted that weekend.

I'll be meeting the forementioned Mr Lime this week and maybe we can get a tentative date(s) and some ideas together.

I'm aware of the time commitments and logistics for overseas visitors etc to get to Cork. This can influence the practicalities of a 48hr as TOO much hassle. I'd suggest two days minimum camp PLUS your travel time otherwise, it's a bollox of an endurance chasing ferries (boats not leprechauns!) thus spoiling your trip.

I wild camp and use holiday camp sites and hostels throughout the year so there are many options. Also, various options for 'ride outs' etc however, I'm more inclined to avoid the 'sight seeing' routes due to traffic particularly the often crowded 'Wild Atlantic Way (WAW)'. I will be happy to guide the hidden routes which can be spectacular and perfect for Trailies even on road tyres.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested, you can advise accordingly and we can see if we can get a consensus on a likely date to suit all. Just to note though, I will only be available during school holidays as I drive the bus.......

Regards to all..... Dave
Dr Mabuse
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Re: Cork - Spring Camp!

Postby BigBob » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:22 am

Great idea though I`m not sure you`ll do any better than me at trying to raise some enthusiasm.
I`ve tried a number of times to organise meets without success, and it doesn`t help there are so few of us.
Of course, it always rains in Ireland which doesn`t help either. You must all have webbed feet by now ;)
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby H_Lime » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:53 pm

Sounds bloody marvellous count me in. Dates wise I'm flexible, well i was in my twenties :crazy:
H_Lime

Postby Mick75 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:01 am

I'd be up for a spin to Cork, I'm flexible on dates too
Mick75
Regular
Regular

Postby Dr Mabuse » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:54 pm

I've mentioned this in passing to a couple of fellow 'Africa Twin' owners whom gave a positive sounding grunt of approval, well they like old school 'Analogue (Carbed) Trailies.... A small crowd less than ten seems about right.....
Dr Mabuse

Postby dave#22 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:48 am

.... A small crowd less than ten seems about right.....

If Colum invites the Caponord group with some Africa twins and others, you may have more than ten.
We will be going to a meeting at Six Towns, nr Draperstown 12-14th April...a weekend either side of that would save ferry trips, but 19-22 is Easter, which may be a problem for some.
Dave.
dave#22
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Re: Cork - Spring Camp! Tentative Date

Postby Dr Mabuse » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:37 pm

I've been looking at the calendar and next break I get is Feb 18-22. So, if weather is fair I'll be off out West Cork again for a spin & camp. Probably be on my own as its early in the year yet but, get in touch if interested...
Dr Mabuse

Return to Chatter