Lots to be doing.

Questions regarding the DR750

Re: Lots to be doing.

Postby notags » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:43 pm

Hi,
Great predator link with the loom!
Slip him extra so he WILL mask all the threads!
It will be worth it,good luck.
Regards.
notags
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby bigrob » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:47 pm

Well done sir, full on strip down. Looking good so far.
Rob from Dartmoor.
bigrob
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby H_Lime » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:51 pm

With a fork strip looming i made this last wk in an effort to be less of a muppet.
On the blue dr I twonked a broom handle down the tube to catch the damper rod as my air impact died :lol: . It worked but there was swearing galore.
Also wanted this as I've not had complete success whizzing off the lower 8mm Allen bolt with an impact using the forks preload to grip it. The bolt rounds easily too.

M16 nut on 16mm threaded bar.

Only a couple mm to bite on so ground the nuts chamfer off to allow a better fit. Used tape to bush it in two places so it goes down perfectly central. Nice to use as if you don't catch it first jab a tiny twist of the handle elicits a positive click as it seats.

Hangs next to my howbrew fork oil level tool.

Am I right these dip right, not left yea? Anyone wanna swap or sell a left dipping one? ?

Feckin stand. Spare was worse again.

Zapped this on below and rewelded it to the stand on the sides and from above. It's not pretty but it now functions as a stand. Will look acceptable when coated.

Ground these welds right back. Notched both faces and rewelded. They are secure as I was careful not to grind off my welds. Happy with them no as per the pics.
Grinder and paint makes the welder I aint ;)

No key so out with the drill as I don't want it coated over. Can't be removed locked as the shackle obscures the retaining Allen head when locked, smart and simple that. Will try and source this and a steering lock too... Anyone know if available spurious?

Dropped this lot to my guy last wknd. Not sure when I'll get it back as he's re doing his set up. Still lots to be doing:)
Last edited by H_Lime on Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H_Lime
Site Supporter & all round Good Egg!

Postby bigrob » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:26 pm

Fast work there H_L.
You dont mess about, reckon it'll look as 'perdy' as mine, only bigger :lol:
Rob from Dartmoor.
bigrob
On Here A Lot
On Here A Lot

Postby BigBob » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:38 pm

Steering and helmet locks are the same as used on the old GT range from the 70s and still available
Helmet lock part no 95700-31820 (supercedes 31810) £60.65 though Robinsons will do you one for £20.62
Steering lock part no 51900-33811 (supercedes 33010) £52.33
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby H_Lime » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:31 pm

BigBob wrote:Steering and helmet locks are the same as used on the old GT range from the 70s and still available
Helmet lock part no 95700-31820 (supercedes 31810) £60.65 though Robinsons will do you one for £20.62
Steering lock part no 51900-33811 (supercedes 33010) £52.33

That's Bob type info there, ya can't be beat with a stick my friend :D
Will get onto Michelle tomo, thanks.

Hey Bob, question for ya. You reckon changing the cct to the later sr43 one with a hessler spring is doable for the likes of me?
H_Lime

Postby BigBob » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:01 am

I considered getting a Hessler spring but decided not to and bought a modified genuine SR43 tensioner from Megazip instead.
The problem is determining the number of prewound turns that the spring needs to function correctly.
I tried disassembling one of these very odd contraptions but it was impossible to control the rate of unwind, as it were, and the whole bloody thing sprang apart.
It`s unlike any other tensioner in the universe, and I`m sure Suzuki could have made a much better job of making an external tensioner if they tried a bit harder.
The tensioner was modified from the 750 to the 800SL, and then modified again for the SR43.
A new tensioner from Megazip is $68.52 and from Suzuki its a rip off £130.80.
A new spring from Hessler is E22
As for removing the top end and replacing the tensioner, it`s easy enough if you have the Holy Book to guide you, as there is nothing difficult about it.
BigBob
Admin
Admin

Postby H_Lime » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:21 am

BigBob wrote:I considered getting a Hessler spring but decided not to and bought a modified genuine SR43 tensioner from Megazip instead.
The problem is determining the number of prewound turns that the spring needs to function correctly.
I tried disassembling one of these very odd contraptions but it was impossible to control the rate of unwind, as it were, and the whole bloody thing sprang apart.
It`s unlike any other tensioner in the universe, and I`m sure Suzuki could have made a much better job of making an external tensioner if they tried a bit harder.
The tensioner was modified from the 750 to the 800SL, and then modified again for the SR43.
A new tensioner from Megazip is $68.52 and from Suzuki its a rip off £130.80.
A new spring from Hessler is E22
As for removing the top end and replacing the tensioner, it`s easy enough if you have the Holy Book to guide you, as there is nothing difficult about it.

I've been reading the Holy Book and reckon I'll have a crack off it. Hopefully with the help from ye boys I'll not destroy it. Sorry in advance for the multitude of questions this will cause.
I've ordered Hesslers spring too, I believe it's a feckin fiddle to install but Dave did this on my blue dr so god help him I've questions... Might less painful for him if I fly him over, pick him up, have him do it and bring him out for a night on the beer!! :lol:

H_Lime

Postby nug » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:38 pm

Good work going on mate. Yes those are import headlights you have. I have stuck with mine as the UK spec ones are so hard to find. I always just weld a big washer on my stands. Poor mans cameltoe :tup:
nug

Postby spendango » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:01 pm

cameltoe lol :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:
spendango

PreviousNext

Return to DR750