3 wheels on my wagon
Hi Chris, a few years ago on one of our Guzzi rallies, a German turned up on a Guzzi Quota with his little lad in a chair, interestingly the chair was attached by two rose joints, attached to brackets on the frame between the wheel centreline, so on corners, the bike leaned over and the chair didn't and best of all, removing two bolts released the chair and he went out with his lad as pillion, amazing.
Dave.
I like that idea Dave. It's a route I would like to go down. It would take a hour or more to unbolt mine. It also takes some getting use to turning the bars to go round corners and bends.
                Got a bit more work done on the chair. Iv gone for a 120l box plenty of room for Mr John Smith  and I can strap the tent on the top of the box. It will also make a great dinning table.
Iv not been able to get a speedo at a decant price so iv gone for a GPS unit. It will be a easy swap back if one turns up. Iv also gone for led indecaters and tail lights. I'm just waiting for a alloy mudguard to mount the marker lights. Iv come across a guy on ebay that beats them by hand out of 3 or 4mm alloy plate. Then I should be ready for a mot.
Well after a full day trying to sort the wiring out. I will have to dump the LED indicators on the bike and go back to 4 old school bulb indicators. 
With 2 LEDs on the bike the LEDs on the side car will just not work how they should. I'm getting all 4 LEDs flashing at the same time when I indicate left or right. Even going with 2 bulb indicators on the bike all is not well. It only works with 4 normal indicators and 2 LEDs. So I will have tape up the 2 left indicaters. The indicators the bike come with are well past there best. I may pinch 4 of my triumph Daytona and try again. Has anyone fitted LED indicators on there DR.
At the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, but you have checked whether the led's have an internal resistor or not? Most don't, so you have to either wire resistors inline, or use an led-specific relay - otherwise you get odd effects.
Well I thought they did as they where advertised as a stright bolt on for a Dr 800. At 1st I fitted the 2 on the right of the bike and put 2 of the old bulb type on the chair and all worked at 1st.  But once I added the other LED indecaters then the gremlins come out. After looking on the Web a lot of peaple say the problems are down the the indicator light on the dash. Apparently that's where the feed comes back to power both sets of indicators.
Ah, that would make some sense - does it make a crossover point in the circuit if the loads aren't balanced?
I belive so. But as the LEDs don't need as much ampage? To light them up as a bulb the back flow is enough to light all 4 indicators at once. I maybe right of the mark hear but that's how my head is working it out. I changed the indicators to 4 bulb type today and I now have working lights. So just the mudguard and outside marker lights to go on now and I'm ready for the mot.
(20-07-2020, 08:19 PM)Chris1215 Wrote: I belive so. But as the LEDs don't need as much ampage? To light them up as a bulb the back flow is enough to light all 4 indicators at once. I maybe right of the mark hear but that's how my head is working it out. I changed the indicators to 4 bulb type today and I now have working lights. So just the mudguard and outside marker lights to go on now and I'm ready for the mot.

So if you added resistors inline(with each led) it would work - interesting stuff. On the other hand, if it works now that's a job ticked off the list Smile

I had a rover years ago that did really odd things if a headlight blew, cross-currents going all over the place. Took me about 1 1/2 hours to figure out what was wrong, 2 minutes to fix it!