Clocks issue
Video 
From the point of view of the clocks, when I go past 140kph the needle swings past 160 to max immediately. Any ideas? 

Incidentally my vepor dash which is accurate shows 119kph and the clocks show 140kph lol. Over read by over 20kph seems a tad much? 
Sheer power mate? Vapor cant keep up.
(20-09-2020, 11:04 PM)nug Wrote: Sheer power mate? Vapor cant keep up.

Either that, or it's time to pour some treacle in there
(20-09-2020, 11:49 PM)Dbldutch Wrote:
(20-09-2020, 11:04 PM)nug Wrote: Sheer power mate? Vapor cant keep up.

Either that, or it's time to pour some treacle in there

On a more serious note - 140km/h is just past vertical (at least it is on the SR43 speedo). If the needle was loose on the axle it might just be "falling over" when it goes past that point. It must still have enough grip to be lifted "up" to 140, and enough to be pulled back, but it's worth looking at. Might explain the big over read too, if the axle isn't at zero when the needle is at rest.

On the over-read front, VW's of a certain age routinely over-read by about 10%, so 17% on a bike that has to run anything from big knobblies to worn out road tyres might not be that mad. I'm certain mine is nowhere near as quick as the speedo claims, though I haven't checked this.
My Tomtom satnav reading at an indicated 70mph (112kph)  on the speedo is an actual 65mph (104kph) which is to be expected.
Your reading of 140kph is an actual 88mph at which speed you would be leaving nearly all other traffic way behind.
The bike would also be vibrating quite a lot as well and probably be shaking all the mounting bolts loose.
There is a well known issue with the SR43 speedo due to the needle eventually falling off on most of them.
Maybe someone has glued the needle back on in the wrong place
Seems mine is over reading by a higher margin than yours Bob. Rare I take her over a true 120 kph as I don't need to where I ride it but thought I'd mention it as a curiosity.